Presentations to be made during March 1 Governor’s Arts Awards Event
The West Virginia Department of Arts, Culture and History (WVDACH) is seeking nominations for the 2022 Governor’s Arts Awards. This biennial awards program celebrates the best of the Mountain State by recognizing artists, art educators, and arts organizations whose contributions to the state’s arts community provide vital examples of how important the arts are to West Virginia and its residents. A public awards presentation will be held on March 1 beginning at 6 p.m. at The Culture Center in Charleston.
The Governor’s Arts Awards include 11 categories with individual and organizational components. Nominees must be residents living in West Virginia and organizations based, or doing the majority of business, in the state. Nomination forms and complete descriptions of award categories are available online at https://bit.ly/GovArtsAwards2022.
All nominations must be submitted to the State Arts Office by Feb. 18, 2022. Mail nominations to Governor’s Arts Awards Nomination, The Culture Center, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard East, Charleston, WV 25305 or email nominations to PaulR.Neil@wv.gov with the subject line Governor’s Arts Awards Nomination. For more information contact the State Arts Office at (304) 558-0240.
Award categories include:
- Susan S. Landis Distinguished Service to the Arts – Individual
- Susan S. Landis Distinguished Service to the Arts – Organization
- Artist of the Year
- Arts Organization of the Year
- Arts in Education – Individual
- Arts in Education – Organization
- Folk Arts – Individual
- Folk Arts – Organization
- Resiliency in the Arts – Individual
- Resiliency in the Arts – Organization
- Governor’s Arts Award for Lifetime Achievement