The monthly meeting of the Clay County Landmarks Commission and Historical Society was held at the Clay County Library on Thursday, Nov. 3, 2022, at 6 p.m. The meeting was attended by Jannette Douglas, Sandy Claybrook, Janet Koch, Jeanine Samples, David Derby, Janice Derby, Linda Rhodes, Carol Hutchinson, Oscar Hutchinson, Jim Miller, Jerry Stover, and Danny Dawson.
President Jerry Stover called the meeting to order. The minutes were read and approved, and the treasurer’s report was read and approved.
We will be on winter recess beginning Dec. 2022 until Mar. 2, 2023.
We discussed the following:
- The future of the proposed Pisgah 911 Tower.
- Jerry Stover presented an article written by Lawson and Sonassa concerning the History of Clay County before 1858. It’s a “good read” for someone that is interested in that type of history.
- Thank you, Katelin Hall for a wonderful job on our newsletter, “Now and Then.”
- We have an update on Eloise Boggs’ health. She is in the CAMC Teays Valley Hospital. She needs prayer.
- Thank you, Karen Burdette for all the work she does for the Clay County Landmarks Commission and Historical Society.
The next meeting will be Thursday, March 2, 2023, at 6 p.m., at the Clay County Library.