The application process for Community Impact Grant Funding with The United Way of Central West Virginia is now open.
Community Impact Grants awarded to nonprofits are how donors invest local dollars in our communities through the United Way. We depend on strong partnerships with nonprofit organizations to make Central West Virginia better for everyone. Interested nonprofit organizations can get details and forms at www.unitedwaycwv.org/grant. Letters of Intent are due on January 10, 2018. If invited, applications are due on March 2, 2018. Funds will be awarded in January of 2019.
United Way of Central WV’s funding decisions are made through an annual competitive application process to direct grant funding to the most effective programs. Grant dollars are invested in high performing nonprofit organizations that provide programs and services aligned with our four impact areas of education, health, financial stability and safety net (basic needs). Citizen Review Teams, made up of trained community volunteers, review the Community Impact Grants, conduct site visits and make fund allocation recommendations to United Way’s Board of Directors. The Board is responsible for all final funding decisions. Organizations receiving funds are accountable for the responsible use of those funds and must file mid-year and final reports measuring their service impact.
Five steps to apply for funding:
- Confirm your organization is an incorporated nonprofit and has tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code that operates in Boone, Clay, Kanawha, Logan and/or Putnam Counties.
- Assess if your organization aligns with United Way’s funding priorities in impact areas of education, health, financial stability and safety net (basic needs).
- Review the Letter of Intent Guidelines and Impact Areas and submit Letter of Intent form and required attachments to email@example.com by January 10, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
- Receive notification about application status from United Way by February 1, 2018.
- If invited, attend mandatory application training and submit full grant application to the United Way office by March 2, 2018 at 4 p.m.
If non-profit organizations have questions about the application process, please refer to our website www.unitedwaycwv.org/grant or contact Lisa Hudnall at 304-340-3521 or firstname.lastname@example.org