BBQ Jalapeño Bacon Cheeseburger
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
12 oz. fried bacon chopped fine, only partly fried
6 to 8 hamburger buns
6 to 8 slices pepper jack cheese
1/4 cup jalapeño peppers thinly sliced or chopped fine
1/2 cup barbecue sauce divided into 2
salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine 1/4-cup barbecue sauce, part fried chopped bacon and jalapeños in a small bowl. Knead spice mixture into ground beef and roll and pat into 6 to 8 burgers.
2. Grill burgers for 8-10 minutes on a covered grill, until burgers are cooked through, turning once.
3. Top burgers with a cheese slice during last minute of cooking time just to melt slightly.
4. Lightly spread butter on bun. Grill bun, buttered side down, until lightly toasted.
5. Serve burgers on top of your favorite toppings with onions, tomato, barbecue sauce and lettuce.